Humor That Works with Andrew Tarvin
Andrew Tarvin is the world’s first Humor Engineer teaching people how to get better results while having more fun. He has worked with 35,000+ people at 250+ organizations, including Microsoft, the FBI, and the International Association of Canine Professionals.
He is a best-selling author, has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and FastCompany, and his TEDx talk has been viewed over 4 million times. He has delivered programs in 50 states, 20 countries, and 1 Planet (Earth). He loves the color orange and is obsessed with chocolate.
Drew talks to David about how he utilizes humor towards his business, what roadblocks he came across, and how it has expanded his clientele as opposed to restricting him in one box!
In This Episode, You'll Learn...
- Initial activities when making the jump to starting his own business
- Hard skills vs. Soft skills
- His latest book and how he hopes it will affect his business
- How blogging and writing articles can clarify thoughts
- Why people are afraid to use humor in the workplace
- The five skills you should have as a business
- The importance of simplicity
- How Drew finds new prospects
- How specializing in humor expanded his niche
- What his TEDx appearance has done for his business
- Why you should build a sustainable business for your message
Subscribe and Share
Links and Resources
- Drew's Website
- Drew's Book: 'Humor That Works'
- Where to find Drew: LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- “Sell More Speaking” Advanced Masterclass
- Action Guide: 6 Keys to Rapidly Grow Your Speaking-Driven Business
- Join our online community: The Art of High Profit Speaking
- Book a Confidential Speaker Strategy Session