Guest post by Art Sobczak
Several years ago I started a year-end tradition of posting a list of questions for sales pros to ask themselves as they started their new year.
It was extremely popular, received tons of reprint requests (like this one I got from David!), as well as suggestions to share them again the next year. So now I do it every year.
I suggest you set aside some time, look at each of these questions, and answer them with an action plan.
Follow that plan, and like many others, you will guarantee your own success.
Here we go:
- What are you going to do to improve your industry and product knowledge in 2013?
- How many inactive customers will you revive and turn into regular customers again? What do you need to doto make that happen?
- What will you do to ensure you're protecting your best customers, and adding more value to the relationships? How will you sell even more to them?
- How many new customers will you bring on this year?
- How do you plan to do that, specifically?
- What will you do to improve your physical health in 2013?
- What, specifically, are your sales and production goals for 2013? How does that break down into quarterly and monthly goals?
- How much more money will you make in 2013? How will that happen? What will you need to do, today, to take the first steps in that direction?
- What will you need to do to increase THAT number by an dditional 10%?
- What are you going to do every day to keep your attitude at a high level?
- How much time are you going to spend, daily, to improve your own sales skills? What will you do?
- How many referrals did you get in 2012? How did get them? From whom? What will you do to turn them into sales?
- Speaking of referrals, will you please forward this post to two others who would also benefit? And invite them to get weekly sales tips at http://businessbyphone.com (OK, that's one of mine.)
- In which areas will you improve your personal, family, and spiritual life?
- How are you going to maximize the use of your time? Where will you cut out the time-wasters in each day?
- What have you been putting off that you will take care of within the next two weeks?
- Who can you help to feel special every day?
- What challenge, wish or desire--that you've never attempted before--will you finally achieve in 2013?
- How will you do that? Why?
- Where are you going to write all of this down so you can review and revise your plans regularly?
- What will it LOOK like when you accomplish everything you've just been thinking about?
- How good will it FEEL?
- What will it SOUND like when you achieve these things?
- Why COULDN'T you do all of this?
Any answer to that last one is not a reason, but rather a self-imposed limitation, excuse, or lack of desire or effort. The biggest deterrent to success looks us in the mirror every day.
Now, go out and plan to have, no, COMMIT to having...
...YOUR BEST YEAR EVER IN 2013!
About the Author
For the past 30 years, Art Sobczak’s tips and training have helped others do “rejectionless” prospecting and painless and profitable sales. Get his free ebook of 501 sales tips at www.BusinessByPhone.com