Avish Parashar has just released a new book titled, "Say Yes, And!" and he has a great special offer for people who buy the book by midnight tonight, Feb. 28.
The book takes a fundamental principle from improv comedy - saying "yes, and" instead of "yes, but" - and shows you how that one simple idea can help you improve your career, your business, your relationships, and your life.
As a special promotion, if you buy the book today, February 28th, you'll get access to over $200 in free gifts, including PDF versions of two of Avish's other books and over 8 hours of MP3 recordings of some of Avish's most popular audio programs. That's over $200 in gifts in return for buying a $12.95 book.
To get the book and the free gifts, visit http://www.SayYesAnd.com
p.s. Here's my review from amazon.com:
First I have to tell you - I'm a business book junkie. I read 'em all. Big ones, little ones, famous ones, and hidden gems. All topics including sales, marketing, leadership, strategy, the how-to, the what-to, and the why-to kind.
And this books stands out.
Plain and simple, Avish Parashar packages essential wisdom, insights, and practical advice into a small concentrated form factor.
But don't be fooled - this is life-changing stuff.
One small turn in what you think and what you say CAN and WILL make a huge impact. Example after example pours out of this book and will soon spark ideas and memories in your own mind of times you took charge and created success - and other times when you chose the "Yes but" path and created your own obstacles, limits, and barriers.
Whether you are a business owner, corporate executive, sales professional, association executive, or non-profit leader, this book is for YOU. Filled with immediately actionable insights and concrete take-aways, this little book may trigger the biggest and best changes your team, your organization, and your results will ever experience.
Tell you what - STOP reading Amazon reviews of this great little book, say "YES AND I'll buy it right now." In fact, you may want to buy three - one for yourself, one for your boss, and one for the significant other in your life. Yes (and) the ideas in this book work as powerfully at home as they do at work!!
Dozens of my readers (mostly professional speakers, consultants, and professional services firms) are complaining of declining response rates, a downturn in business, and the weak economy.
“Our direct mail isn’t pulling like it used to,” they complain.
“What can our firm do to generate more leads, better prospects, and bigger sales?”
Here’s what I have found works to turn ON your marketing efforts:
1. Take massive action. Figure out what you think you need to do to generate the level of leads and orders you need. Then do twice that amount.
2. Don’t rely on only one promotional vehicle, like direct mail or - heaven forbid - social media marketing. Do three, four, even five things: send out mailings; advertise in very narrow, well-targeted media; regularly e-mail your list; write an article; give a speech.
3. Make every communication a direct marketing communication. Offer a premium with a high perceived value. Feature your free offer in your promotion.
4. Test different offers, ideas, copy, formats, and media to see which work best. Roll out with those promotions that work. Scratch the others. If they don’t do well in a small test, doing more won’t help.
p.s. I don't subscribe to the "recession mindset." And I don't care much for the goofballs who now say we're "coming out of it." I DO very much believe what my pal, professional speaker Jim Mathis, CSP says -- the economy is not DOWN, it's DIFFERENT. And furthermore, it's NEVER coming back (not the way it was, anyway).
Welcome to the new world - and NOW is a great time for you to prepare your firm to market successfully in it!
Professional speakers, coaches, consultants, and independent professionals should not present themselves as technicians, number- crunchers, or talk about their “techniques, approaches, and methods.”
Newsflash – Your customers and prospects don’t care.
Instead, present yourself as a problem-solver.
For years now, large accounting firms have taken the lead in portraying themselves as "business partners." They know the danger of being viewed as "number crunchers" or “geeks” or... heaven forbid, “consultants.”
Why have they changed their tune?
Simple. Experience shows that today's customers want both solid results PLUS personalized help, guidance and direction. And as a small business owner, YOU are ideally suited for this role!
For many customers, your business can become a one-stop shop, giving customers the benefits of a product expert, service partner, information advisor, strategy planner, and personal guide all rolled into one.
There is another factor here that should not be ignored: It is never in your best interest to be viewed as a commodity. Today, your small business must offer the value of a consultant in order to secure lasting and price-irrelevant relationships.
You must be able to subtly and regularly communicate to every customer: “These are the measurable ways I am enhancing your results.” Do that, and they won’t leave you for a slightly cheaper alternative down the street. And do it consistently, and you’ll develop customers for life.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."
-- Lily Tomlin
"The self is not something ready-made, but in continuous formation through choice of action."
-- John Dewey
was once a nobody
who wanted to
-- John Burroughs
As a small business marketing coach, let me offer you this Self-check:
- If you were to fully live your life, what is the first change you would make?
- What areas of your life could be upgraded or improved?
- What could you start working on today that would make the biggest difference?
- How could you make this goal more specific or measurable?
- What would be the biggest impact from achieving your goal(s)?
- What do you love? How can you bring in more of it?
- What do you hate? How can you eliminate/reduce almost all of it?
- What's one thing you would love to do before you die?
- What could you do right now that would really put a smile on your face?
- For your life to be perfect, what would have to change?
- What do you really, really, REALLY want? (Really!!)
- Are you willing to be the hero of your own story?
- What obstacles might stop you?
- Who are your allies? What weapons and tools do you have?
- What - or who - is at hand right now that might hold the key to your success?
How did you do? Please share
your thoughts and opinions in the comments area below...