The fastest, smartest, most effective way for thought-leading executives and entrepreneurs like you to dramatically boost your reach and revenue is with online courses.
Specifically, online courses are your best option if you have expertise that you're already sharing with your clients and audiences. It's a natural, common-sense step to build a course so that you can capture and systematize your best ideas, strategies, tactics, principles, practices, templates, tools, and scripts.
But how do you start? How do you make it real? How do you get out of overwhelm and inertia?
And how do you start getting busy in a highly productive, proactive way that will result with you creating a highly valuable, relevant, in-demand, evergreen addition to your menu of investable opportunities that you can monetize month after month and year after year?
Here is your Ultimate Cheat Sheet for 8 Keys to Online Course Success that will give you everything you need to think about, decide, and implement to help you get started...
1. TOPIC: Source material for your online course comes from your Keynote, Workshop/Seminar, Articles/Blog/Book, Coaching Program, Consulting Process
2. TITLE: When it comes to choosing a title for your online course, be clear; don’t be clever. Clarity sells. Laser focus on a specific topic. Remember: there’s no such thing as a generic solution to a specific problem!
3. WRITE MARKETING COPY FIRST: Focus on value, impact, results, outcomes. Survey your tribe to find their urgent, pervasive, expensive problems; build your marketing bullets around solving those issues, challenges, headaches.
4. WORK BACKWARDS: Create your online course content to fulfill the marketing bullets and promises in Step 3. Give specifics; templates, tools, scripts, provide exactly what to say and how to say it; what to do and how to do it. The best online courses give 100% meat. Zero fluff, zero filler.
5. CREATE 1-PAGERS: All you need to launch a live-led online course is a 1-page overview for each module that you’ll deliver live each week. Sections might include: Pre-Call Assignments, Questions, Discussion points, Work on for next week, Tactic to get results now, Templates, tools, scripts.
6. LESS IS MORE. Truly. People are already overwhelmed with too much information. Don’t add to it. Focus on Essential steps, Core principles, Key practices. What would your best friend absolutely need to know to be successful? Focus on those skills ONLY!! No theory, no fluff. 100% must-know, must-do info is what will make your online course stand out from the crowd.
7. DECIDE THE TECH: Simple is best. Here are the tools and services I use (some of these links lead to special discounts or free trials):
a. To create your recorded course modules using screencast videos: www.doitmarketing.com/screenflow
b. Teleseminar conference line for live Q&A: www.FreeConferenceCallHD.com
c. Transcription Service: www.CabbageTreeSolutions.com or www.Rev.com
d. File storage for sharing bonus course materials: www.Box.com
e. Online community forum for your course students: Facebook group
f. Email marketing: www.doitmarketing.com/mailchimp
g. [Optional] For opt-in/landing pages www.doitmarketing.com/leadpages
8. PRICING: Pricing your online course can be tricky – price it too low and buyers are not invested in their own outcomes; price it too high and prospects lose sight of ROI. Guidelines on 3 tiers of online course pricing:
a. Less than $500 (clients not invested; commoditizes your expertise)
b. Less than $1,000 (sweet spot for B2B/ corporate/ entrepreneurs)
c. Less than $2,000 (started here – my FIRST course in 2008 was $1500!!)
With the right content, marketing, pricing & sales strategies, your online course will [finally] become your REAL source of passive revenue for your very REAL expertise.
p.s. Ready to get started? Join me and David Siteman Garland on October 25, 2017 for this special free deep dive training:
"5 Secrets to a Successful Online Course"